(870) 248.0516 Pocahontas

(870) 933.9478 Jonesboro


Medicare Part A  (Hospital/Inpatient Coverage) is the entitlement you and/or your spouse earned when you worked and paid into Social Security.  If you are drawing Social Security or RailRoad Retirement,  you will be automatically enrolled when you turn 65.  If you are NOT drawing Social Security or Railroad Retirement, you should contact the local Social Security office to enroll in Medicare Part A,  3 months prior to your 65th birthday.  

Medicare Part B  (Physician/Outpatient Coverage) is offered to you when you receive Medicare Part A.   The 2018 standard premium is $134.   If you do not enroll in Part B when you first become eligible, you may be subject to a penalty if you decide to enroll at a later date.  You must have Part B to enroll in a Medicare Supplement or a Medicare Advantage plan, Part C. 

Call us for more information about extra help to pay your Part B premium, and about enrolling in Part B.

Medicare Part C  (Advantage Plans)  allows private companies to offer plans  that expand the coverage of original Medicare. You must have both Medicare Part A and Part B to enroll. Advantage plans can be complicated;  they will have different copays and deductibles, and may require you to use specific doctors and/or hospitals. 

Call us to help you choose the plan that fits you best.   

Medicare Part D (Prescription Coverage) is insurance that helps to cover the cost of medications. You must have Part A to enroll.  If you do not enroll in a Part D prescription drug plan when your Part A becomes effective and later decide to enroll, you may incur a Late Enrollment Penalty.

We can explain how these plans work for you, help you apply for extra help with medications, and enroll . 

Medicare Supplements are insurance policies sold by private companies to cover the deductibles and co-pays in original Medicare. You must have both Medicare Part A and Part B to enroll.

Call us for additional information on Medicare Supplements, pricing and coverage.

Please contact Evelyn Baker or Cathey Bowlin for assistance with Medicare based insurance.